The Overseas Students Ombudsman investigates complaints about problems that intending, current or former overseas students have with private schools, colleges and universities (education providers) in Australia. The Ombudsman also:

  • provides information about best practice complaints handling to help private education providers manage internal complaints effectively
  • publishes reports on problems and broader issues in international education that we identify through investigations.

Information in your language


If you want to make a complaint in your language you can call the Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS) on 131 450. We will pay for the interpreter.

In Australia, you have the right to complain.


Information brochures are available for download and for ordering in hard copy.

Information Publication Scheme FOI Disclosure Log